.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

A Gentler Place

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

The Fool(s) and I

I feel sick.

Really really sick.

What is the matter..... with kids today

Society is coming to pieces, and no one seems to be doing anything about it.

Everytime I go out it's worse, more young teenagers (or younger) shouting, swearing, drinking, smoking, making an utter nuisance of themselves. It has got to stop. The behaviour of many is now far beyond appauling, it would've been unimaginable even ten years ago. But now..... things have gone to hell.

I was sitting on the bus this evening, and 3 young boys and 2 girls got on the bus and came up to the back of the top deck where I was sitting. (People who know about London buses will say "Karl you fool, why are you sitting *there*??" - I should be able to sit anywhere on the bus). Two of the boys were about 14, the other was maybe 10-11, the girls were about 13-14. I heard them coming, constant shout of "blud, blud" (oddly, they seem to be pronouncing it with a t on the end.. :S) - they were drunk.

Oh great.

They proceeded to jump about, climbing over chairs, shouting and swearing, the girls spent the whole time swearing into their mobiles, coordinating some sort of mass gathering. One of the boys tried to drink vodka neat and promptly threw it all up over the gangway. Great. The other lit up a joint. Fantastic. Then the one that had just kindly redecorated the floor pulled the plastic stripping holding the bell cables in place from the ceiling, turned it in to a whip and started whipping the other boys. The girls got off. Now they were smashing up the chairs, whipping them with their make shift flail. To say they had pissed me off would be rather like saying that LotR was sort of alright. So I broke the rule, I looked at this complete arse, starred at him, he said "Alright". I said, "Can you stop that please." - oh dear I hear you cry, he went and did it.

"Why?"

Why... for the sake of hell... what a ridiculous question. "It's bloody annoying I said" (may have slipped and used stronger language).

Fool: "Why?"
I: "Why do you think?"
Fool: "I don't know..."
I: "Because it's fe..ing annoying, you're making a horrible noise, and damaging the bus."
Fool: "No I'm not it's cleaning it, look [hits chair again with flail], it gets the dust out."
I: "Yeah, and in to me. Stop it, now."
Fool: "You're not making any sense, you're just babbling, you're not being constructive."
I: "Just stop it, right now, behave."

Thankfully, they sort of stopped, and then got off at the next stop.

A cheer went up from the front. :)

4 Comments:

  • There are a number of reasons why kids behave like this today, the main one being they simply have not been brought up.

    By that I don't mean they have been brought up badly, just not brought up. They are still little children. Asking "Why?" after everything is something 4 year olds do. For a few years you have to explain every reason, every action to them, plus they need supervision. These days, parents can't be bothered, they just swear and curse at their children, and tell them to shut up. Never answering their questions, so they're still clueless when they are older and able to do some damage.

    No discipline, no manners, no etiquette. It's a great shame, and may lead to the unravelling of our society.

    As for the older one pulling a knife, yes, I've known that to happen in my own experience. Hence why I referred to my actions as breaking the rules. It isn't done to stop the hooligans, as you could well be risking a lot doing so. The trouble is, you have to reprimand them, they get this way, thinking they can do anything, because no one ever stops them. By the time they are bad enough to absolutely need a reprimand, they are too dangerous to risk it.

    What a state we have got ourselves in.

    By Blogger Orbling, at Thursday, September 02, 2004 12:17:00 am  

  • Yeah, they have cameras, although it is my opinion that the only time anyone ever looks at them, is if they are backtracking the movements of a suspect for some crime.

    If it doesn't get reported it's probably not seen. Maybe the driver has a feed, but I doubt they will ever do anything about it. Most drivers stay in their cabs where they are safe.

    Most buses I have been on in Ealing are either small buses like the E#'s or those huge slinky toy wannabes - so you folk possibly don't have as much oppotunity to cause havoc. ;)

    Not all kids today are bumbling fools, but the ones that have succumb to gangsta culture certainly are. Unfortunately, there are plenty of those in this city.

    By Blogger Orbling, at Sunday, September 05, 2004 2:49:00 am  

  • LOL, throwing them off the bus, hmm, don't give me ideas - the back window on the top deck opens out full. ;)

    Photographers often have "wrong-side-of-lens" syndrome ;)

    By Blogger Orbling, at Tuesday, September 07, 2004 11:01:00 pm  

  • Hey Andy. :)

    Well we have a fair few police officers in my area dealing with the kids lately. As they have instituted a large ASBO (Anti-Social Behaviour Order) over the whole area. All kids under 16 have a curfew of 9pm now, and any group of 2 or more under-16s can be shifted if they are loitering at anytime of day.

    These kids cause a lot of trouble, so it's not so bad.

    By Blogger Orbling, at Sunday, October 03, 2004 2:27:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home